Roll back issues?

cantona

Daemon Poster
Hi

I wanted my old drivers back for my 6600GT and so i did roll back to old drivers in device manager and it did it and then my pc restarted as it needed to. Once it restarted i checked device manager and it shows my graphics card using the old drivers but in my c drive and in the nvidia file it still shows the new drivers? please help

thanx

"but in my c drive and in the nvidia file it still shows the new drivers? please help"

Its alright. That file in the C drive is just a type of backup of the unzipped exe file before it installs into the drivers, and this can be deleted no problem :)

ok thankyou kage....one question though: where is ym old drivers kept (the ones i roled back to)

also i rolled back the drivers (still do not know where the rolled back drivers are kept) and my pc froze again

It is best to not roll back graphics drivers..They should be uninstalled and removed and then on reboot install the drivers you prefer to have... You can get the new or old drivers from the maufacturer's web site in package forms so as to make sure you have everything.

Just go back to the drivers that worked. Ofcourse u can try different drivers but atleast the ones that u used before work. Also as I have said before the 77.76 drivers work fine for me.

You won't be able to see the old drivers on the C drive (one way is to download the old ones, go to run the exe file, and then cancel it after its unpacked :p)

This is because when you run a new graphics file, it just creates a sort of temporary file in C that never sems to go, and the old folder would have been replaced with the new folder, but don't worry.

Just keep the EXE file handy :)

As for the 77.76 drivers, I found them after searching on google. Did take a while though, so aren't the easiest set to find :):

http://www.3dchipset.com/drivers/nvidia/official/nt5/7776.php

Back
Top Bottom