nVidea GeForce 6600

delusional said:
That's because nVidia isn't licensing wholesellers anymore. Well at least not for the 7800. Every company selling the 7800's other than nVidia, gets them straight from nVidia, prebuilt. They slap their sticker on it, and BFG overclocks them, but other than that, XFX still sucks.

Really? Oh...hm. nVIDIA used to just sell the GPU etc. and have individual manufacturers build their own cards...that's why XFX sucked.

I like how delusional and alvino are arguing and gibsonsg0005 is just trying to get help lol. Buy yeah gibsonsg0005 all ram should be compatible as long as it is the same speed and type.

Well I'm not aruging with him, I just didn't know that nVIDIA started pre-building their cards.

oh I wasn't arguing, I just thought people might like to know that all the 7800's other than the BFG are the exact same card. I'm pretty sure this will be the case from now on, because MSI, PNY, XFX and another which I can't remember started skimping on parts with the previous 6000 series gpu's and nVidia sued.

you can mix and match 32 mb,64mb,128mb,256mb,512mb,1gb,2gb,etc... as long as the are 184 pin. For a note if you mix a pc2100 and a pc2700... the pc2700 will run at the pc2100 speeds... so in other words if you have faster bus speeds on one ram it can limit your system... as for what ram to get you'd want ddr 400 or ddr2 ram for the best quality... ram timings can also be important... the best timmings are 2-2-2-5 (these are usually listed with the specs. and you WANT CAS 2).

P.S. hope i didn't put you to sleep :D

Back
Top Bottom