Blue Screen Of Death!!!!

BigLu

Daemon Poster
OH NO!!!! just got my stuff and put it together and while trying to install windows xp pro, i get a blue screen saying stop error, what do i do? the specs are below. the psu has a 20 pin mobo conector, and the mobo has 24, could that be causing the problem?

In times like these i know it's hard not to panick :D. It is possible that it is your PSU... your best bet would be to try swapping out parts to determine what is causing the problem. If you cannot do this the BSOD(<--oh god[Thank the lord i haven't gotten one of these in ages]) is probably due to the motherboard, a bad install of windows xp, or your PSU.

BigLu said:
OH NO!!!! just got my stuff and put it together and while trying to install windows xp pro, i get a blue screen saying stop error, what do i do? the specs are below. the psu has a 20 pin mobo conector, and the mobo has 24, could that be causing the problem?

Nice machine

I've never had a problem yet putting a computer together

Big, you have two problems: 1-The psu connector won't fit your mobo.
2- This processor deserves a better mobo...

I shall try the 20-24 pin converter, if it doesn't work, i'll figure something else out.

i suggest you just go spend the extra cash and buy yourself a proper psu that way you rule out other potential problems that could arise...just a thought:)

Back
Top Bottom