help me jazz up my desktop

dude_se

Proper Legend
everyone has wierd but cool desktops. mine is bog standard. please help me change it

ohhh not that desktop. i mean the screen on my pc. like the wallpaper.

I use....

Stylexp (for my visual style and login screen)
Icon Packager (for custom icons)
Stardock Cursor Xp (for cursors)
Object Dock (Like Mac OSX has...)
Bootskin (change intro boot pic)

www.wincustomize.com on the left there's a bunch of options, select one. Once you have done so, it will tell you at the top what software you need in order to use whatever it is that you clicked on.

You can do some googling for Xp themes, but a nice feature of this Os is that you right click any jpg picture and select it as a background...

I choose to keep it simple. I only use 2 programs regarding my desktop.

Cool Bananas Software's "Cool Desktop" - Makes desktop icons disappear.
Wallpaper Changer v1.90 - Cycles randomly through pictures saved in a file...currently have a file of over 110 pics that it cycles through.

I have shortcuts to all the programs I use in the quick launch bar docked at the top of the screen so the stuff I use is only a click away. All you see when you look at my desktop is the quick launch bar docked at the top, the task bar docked at the bottom and the wallpaper pic that's always changing. Never seen a setup like this before, but it's simple and it works. Plus, it was all free!

i like bog standard i get used to it and it helps when i tell people on my comp where to go. Aka sister family members..you know the lot.

Back
Top Bottom