monitor problem

newmanx

Solid State Member
Hello all, i had just recently bought an amd athlon 64 3800, 1 gig ram, radeon 9600XT vga card with an lcd flatron L1730s. Well the problem is that when i connect it up with my computer (both to power and computer connection), the screen doesnt show up but its just all black. At first it just says "power saver" for a second then the screen turns all black, anyone have any idea why this happens or how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

There could be an error in the monitor itself
Manufacturers have been known to have faults in monitors
Also, check that all the connections are good and working

yeh i've checked the connections and im 90% sure they're in correctly(i cant be entirely sure though). I have tried pushing butons and playing wit the mouse but its still black. At the moment im on my older monitor which is also a flatron and its working fine. I just dont know what to do

well if the other monitor works with the computer its either a different connection type, are they both blue connection on the new monitor, otherwise its a monitor fault, return it to the manurfactur

good idea though i may try to get it to work somehow:S Thanks for your replies all

hmm i just remembered i dont reckon the monitor is stuffed cause it does come up with "power saving mode" for the first 1 or 2 seconds. Well i will look into it, maybe i've put a connection in wrong though i doubt it.

what colour is the monitor socket and what colour is the plug bit, this may be your problem.

Or wait, You should have a look in the monitor setting using the button, you might find a power saving mode here.

well one of the plugs is blue which connects the monitor to the base of the computer. This one is on an adapter which connects to the computer. The other one is the power one, which connects direct to the powerpoint.

That seems just about right
Although my monitor has a few variations, probably because of different versions
If everything is plugged in and you've checked that you have everything that makes the monitor do its job, then there should be no reason that it isn't working, that is if the monitor itself is not broken

Back
Top Bottom