URGENT! Cannot recognize hard drive!

It's usually D:. I can get the CD to show me a menu to install SATA drivers, but it keeps freezing when I tell it which one.

Alright, now I get it to try to install the drivers, but it's telling me it can't open the files and create the directories!

Hmm ... if your computer was able to load Windows 98 onto the hard driver, there should be nothing wrong with the SATA, if it was faulty or boken in anyway at all, then you should originally not have been able to install Windows 98 ...

is it anything to do with the drive, is it write protecte? Otherwise just keep trying make up a directory to make, you might have more luck, what are the permissions of the file?

Well, I'm guessing that the hard drive wasn't allowing the directories to be created on it, so I'm trying to get it to write to a floppy, but it's still being finnicky and not creating directories - though I did get it to extract a couple files.

Update - I'm attempting to extract the same file to my laptop with the same results. Could the driver file be corrupted? This problem seems to be occurring with all the driver files, not just the SATA one I need.

Update - I think I'm giving up. Do you think Newegg will exchange this drive for an exact IDE version?

Well, thanks for helping, guys - especially Steven. I guess this computer just wasn't meant to have a SATA hard drive. :(

Back
Top Bottom