I Think I Have a Virus

Davidortiz34

Baseband Member
This thing popped up from McAfee and it said that there may be unwanted files on the computer... so I did a Virus Scan... a few minutes later, another thing popped up and it said that my computer has found a PUP... Two of them. idk what that is. The file names were "webhdll.dll" and "C://Program Files/NewDotNet/newdotnet6_38.dll"

Does anyone know what the heck all this means? Please help... Thanks in advance!

it's spyware. Download Microsoft Anti-Spyware and Spybot. I don't have time to post the links, but u can find them easily with google.

wow... you're lots of help... wheres whats his name... who helped me with my computer game?

Does anyone know what a PUP is? And what exactly is the problem?

daemon gave you a good suggestion take his advice when you do a full system scan do you click the button to remove or delete them.

technoman said:
daemon gave you a good suggestion take his advice when you do a full system scan do you click the button to remove or delete them.

I did a virus scan... and it turned up with 19 unwanted or infected files... all PUP's... and I went to clean them, and it said I couldn't cause they were write-protected or something.. idk...

nvm... its all good though.

Thanks anyway

1. right click properties on My computer (can't be a shortcut) then go to system restore... turn this off.
2. Reboot your system and boot into safe mode by pressing F8 while the computer is booting up.
3. Then once in safe mode run your scans... They should be removable now.
4. If that doesn't work try installing Microsoft Anti-Spyware from here...
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx
5. Configure the installation and repeat steps 2 and 3.

Yea boot in safe mode, or if you want, just kill the process that it is running so that you can finally delete it without any problems or anything
You can download other adware/spyware scanners such as Ad Aware, Spybot S&D from download.com and Microsoft Anti Spyware from the microsoft website

Back
Top Bottom