making a game

sander

Beta member
does anybody have any good web sites, to show how to make a game in C++, i just dont know where to start, and stuff, thx
sander

I am not the brightest about programming languages, but I am pretty sure c++ isn't the best to make a game in, especially if you have no previous background in this field. Try to do some simple Basic to start out.

NeHe.gamedev.net it's a tutorial on how to make graphics. But if you don't know the basic syntax, for God's sake, learn that first please. cplusplus.com/tutorial

I also want to note that your chances of getting a job in the Game Development feild is about the same chances of a cop not liking a doughnut. It happens, it's just rare as hell.

Well, whether C++ is easiest or not, I still didn't think it was best for game programming at a beginner's level. Basic is a good way to start I'd think. Or maybe some actionscripting through Flash, that way you'd get used to programming a bit.

Join the forum community at GameDev.net.

GameDev.net, as well as those forums, there's loads of articles and tutorials on the site, you'll never be at a loss for information.

What is this game for, what platform? I am really only famaliar with programming PS2 games, all ps2 games are coded in C then cross compiled with gcc to MIPS r5900 machine code. :p

Back
Top Bottom