router problem

viperdude

Beta member
ok i got another problem with my router. i have a d-link 604 and i was trying to set up a DMZ on my computer but it didnt work. i put the ip address it said in ipconfig under command prompt put in some programs it still said i needed to open speciffic ports. any ideas?

Ok don't put your PC outside the NAT firewall bad idea. Instead, go into your routers setup page and open the appropriate ports. To get to your routers setup page, type the IP address of your router into the address bar of your web browser.

Yeah you NEED to open up those ports... basically your DMZ is like the middle man between two enemies... you have to open up the port or the other won't trust it. (lol sorry for the lame analogy)

i tryed opening the right ports and still didn't work :( IE: i was seting up emule and was opening the port that it said i needed but the test that u can do didnt work.. and a couple of other programs did same thing.

well I don't know what to say, either your not opening the right ports or your ISP is blocking the port you need. Do you have a software firewall that could be blocking ports as well?

Back
Top Bottom