Windows Vista

matt_999

BSOD
hey all, just wondered if theres a way of gettin the windows vista beta without subscribing to MSDN? i.e have any other sites got it up for download?

i really wonna see what its like. If no other site is offering it how would i subscribe (if it is possible) to MSDN? how much would it cost? etc.

regards
matt

So far, from what i've heard about Windows Vista, it has only been distributed in beta form to some 500,000 or so experienced beta testers, programmers, engineers and software writers
I'm not sure that you can subscribe to get it and you definately won't be able to download it, hmm ... think of all the security patches that you will need
If Windows Vista is finally released as a final, i would stick with Windows XP for a year atleast, just to give Microsoft time to fix all the security holes and issues fixes and patches :rolleyes:

thanx alot dyserq! it was just i heard some members say, yeah, ive got vista beta, i dont know anyone on here who hasnt got it. hmm!

regards
matt

I haven't got it ...
I wish that i had Windows Vista, the screenshots look heaps cool ! I will bet you that microsoft have already sent windows longhorn to black hat hackers, so ignorant of them *sigh*
Bet they are already trying to find security holes :rolleyes:
It seems that window longhorn has a serious samurize toolbar and object dock kind of thing :D
By the way, for people who would like to see screenshots for windows longhorn there are a few sites like

http://www.activewin.com/screenshots/longhorn/
http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/longhorn_alpha.asp, which also provides a review of the features

You can definetaly find beta's of longhorn/vista, just go look on your favorite bittorrent tracker, i've got a beta myself of longhorn but it's really buggy.

x0r515t said:
You can definetaly find beta's of longhorn/vista, just go look on your favorite bittorrent tracker, i've got a beta myself of longhorn but it's really buggy.

It's funny how fast everything leaks. :) For example starwars episode 3; the revenge of sith was on a bittorrent tracker something like 8h after the premiere. (sp?)

But back to the topic, I agree with dyserq, just wait for sometime before u get vista.

matt_999 said:
thanks everyone, i shall just wait! what does everyone rekon it will cost?

since it's microsoft it's going to cost alot. But I can always get windows for free so I don't care. (not that I am going to get vista in the close future)

Back
Top Bottom