Alienware 51m latop BAD connection

JimmyTheGreat

Beta member
I was wondering if anyone else was having a problem with where you plug the cable in for broadband internet. Mine is lose and I hardly get internet unless I have it rigged up with legos (lol). But now even legos stopped working. I'M NOT sending it back to Alienware. They ALWAYs send it back with more problems then I had before. Oh and don't even get me started on there costumer service.

Thanks

Jimmy

Is is the actual port that is loose or the RJ45 connector that is loose? You could get another CAT5e cable really cheap.

Wow.... and how much is that comp? like $3000+? ouchies... I don't get alienware, sadly. I go custom. Yeah, check the cables, I say that too.

Wow thanks for the fast replies.

I don't know the names of what i'm talking about, but no matter what cable I plug in (ive tried alot of different brands) there all loose. I mean I can jiggle it around.

And i'm not using the normal phone line cord, its a thicker cable.

I googled "CAT5e cable" and thats what i'm using.

It must be the actual port that is messed up. I would send it back and have them replace it.

For as much as you pay for the laptop, they should have that fixed for free.

Yes, it's the thick cable. not the one that plugs into the phone.

Btw, I got it for free via make-a-wish.
And id say around the $4,000+ mark.

If your looking to get a Alienware laptop, Don't. There costumer service is horrible. It took me three months to get my computer back from them after the plastic holding the lcd screen cracked down at the bottom, after just a few months of use.
They sure did fix that but my computer is no longer cyborg green its silver with a green battery pack. Cause they dont make the cyborg green color for the 51m laptop anymore.

I have sent it in three times and each time the never completly fixed the problem. And now I have this problem. They said they said they fixed this the last time, but they never even touched it.

congratulations on the getting the laptop jimmy...
Being a laptop that lan port that you are refering to is built into the motherboard and if it is bad or broken I would get back ahold of them and see about a replacement.....because it could lead to a serious short in the future.

Also Jimmy, it shouldn't matter how you got the laptop but that it was given to you and they should make it right...period.

Back
Top Bottom