Best anti-virus?

Quantum Flux

In Runtime
i see a lot of companys promoting their anti-malware soloutions as the best. but i wana know what REALY is the best. i was thinking just nortons fw and av for my new rig because im used to them. but if something else is better then ill get it.

ps - dont tell me about free stuff. im quite happy to pay and get somthin better.

i would like to know the best too....but according to my previous thread on this...most say the free stuff is better :D they reccomend AVG and PCilln or sumthing like that ;)

I use AVG antivirus and ZoneAlarm firewall. I've never had a problem. I haven't had any experience with it, but I hear that the ZoneAlarm security suite is suppose to blow Norton and McAfee out of the water.

I use PC-Cillin which is a really good one in my opinion it updates itself all the time when they're a new virus detection file. I enjoy it and would recommend it 100%.

Chris

PC-Cillin is the best overall, but F-Secure's been rated the best at detecting and removing viruses. However, F-Secure's supposed to take a while to scan, unlike PC-Cillin, and isn't that much better at detecting, so i'd say PC-Cillin, but if you want a free one, get AVG. I use it with no problems.

avg is my bet. But if you were to pay go with anything but norton it slows the computer down so badly. And the scan time is pathetic. I would go zonealarm if you absolutely have to pay

I've seen ZoneAlarm's virus scanner been low-rated by a few sources, so i'd go with ZoneAlarm (free) and AVG, or PC-Cillin.

But don't get McAfee or Norton.

If you get Norton, get the Norton Internet Security. Oh wait, scratch that. NIS doesn't come with ad blocker.

If you go to CompUSA, they usually have bundled Norton software on sale for dirt cheap after reabate. Get the Norton SYstemworks 2005 and the Norton Firewall 2005. They package them together and makes an awesome dual. I think the sale might still be going on. If it is, jump on it. Systemworks comes with antivirus and maintenance stuff. FIrewall has ad blocker, pop up blocker, firewall, intrusion alert, etc..good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom