User Account All Messed Up

b182tm

In Runtime
Hey everybody.
I have a problem, that I hope is easily fixable. Last night I was on my comp., trying to rename my User Account (I have Windows XP Pro SP2). I ended up creating a new one, and naming it Derek. I already had an account named Administrator. They were both set as the administrator of the computer. So I turned off my comp., and then restarted it. When it loaded up, all my settings were gone (There were just a couple of programs still there) and I was logged in as my new account Derek. I went under the user accounts and the account named Administrator is completely gone. Now it is just Derek and Guest. I also went to Documents and Settings, and there was a Administrator file, that had all my files there. So it appears that all is not lost, but I am hoping I can get all my documents, programs, and settings back. How can I do this? Hope you can help.

Thanks a lot,
Derek

To view the Admin account you need to go into Safe mode, about your programs they are all still there you are just missing there shortcuts. Some programs make the shortcuts in your start menu for All Users and Others for current user.

You say all your settings are gone don't forget you did create a new user account they do not get copied across unlike other Windows for example 98 used to i think i remember that!

I know I made a new one, but how do I get my old one back. I can't find it anywhere (The actual account). Thanks for the response though, I'll try that.

Thanks,
Derek

i see did you delete your old one you cannot get it back

if you are talking about the admin account boot into safe mode

No, I didnt delete it. I dont even know how to delete it, lol. I went under system>advanced>user profile settings, and the Administrator is listed there. I have a choice to delete it, copy it, or change type. So it's buggin me that I cant get it back.
Thanks for the help technoman.
Derek

Back
Top Bottom