Can a computer ever be too cold?

Laxgoalie1

In Runtime
I was wondering if you had hmm....lets say 10 120mm fans (pretend they would fit) and water cooling could your pc ever be too cold?

No, I don't think so, but I guess there is an extreme where the chips would freeze, but you can use liquid oxygen cooling on a CPU for example :p

Well put it this way, adding 10 fans wouldn't do much anyway. Its all about air flow when you see when your talking about a computer case, and 10 fans positioned in back, front, and side, they'd force each other out and so less air would escape the case, and so, it'd actually end up hotter than with just a few. So you have to be careful with positioning :p

Kage said:
No, I don't think so, but I guess there is an extreme where the chips would freeze, but you can use liquid oxygen cooling on a CPU for example :p

Well put it this way, adding 10 fans wouldn't do much anyway. Its all about air flow when you see when your talking about a computer case, and 10 fans positioned in back, front, and side, they'd force each other out and so less air would escape the case, and so, it'd actually end up hotter than with just a few. So you have to be careful with positioning :p

mmmm liquid oxygen cooling.. makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
I say I should try and make a liquid oxygen cooling system :p

Chris

hehe, yeah, that would be rather fun...

May I say, your computer (So far) is looking great :D

Kage said:
hehe, yeah, that would be rather fun...

May I say, your computer (So far) is looking great :D

Thanks, I'm just about to post my Plans with it.

Chris

I've seen mods where they get CPU chips to OC to 5 GHz and hit -190 degrees. So I would think it would be very difficult to make a CPU so COLD that it would not work. Even with the proper funding.

David Lindon said:
Nope, it can never be to cold!
but what if it gets so cold the metal shatters?
that would be really really cold, but you never know if somebodys goingt o trow a freezer in they're Case and then liquid cool the system with Liquid nitrogen.. :p
you never know...

Chris

If you make it too cold, it would condense water drops, and ruin your machine...

Back
Top Bottom