PC Freezing?

cantona

Daemon Poster
Hi

My PC keaps on suddenly freezing unexpectadly...its never done this before...i ran a spyware and virus check and found nothing...couls anyone helpp?

It could be anything. How old is your PC anyways? When does the freezing occur? How long does the freeze last? Did you add any new hardware or software recently?

Could be memory problems, overheating, conflict of some sort...

my pc is around 6months old..and it has never doen this before also i have not downloaded anyhting in particular apart form the new drivers for my graphic card (6600GT)

That is probably the issue..You might want to revert back to your old drivers.

>should have added that there have been a few other postings with troubles with the new graphics drivers.

We can start by doing some simple maintenance on it. Try downloading updates to your antispyware and virus program and run them again. If that didn't detect anything, the try doing the basic stuff like:

Delete all temp files in Windows, delete temporary internet files, delete all off-line content, cookies, etc. Run a disk cleanup and degfrag your hard drive.

I've got new drivers for my 6600GT and working great. But then again, it depends on your system.

i did a scan and opened task manager to watch cpu usage and it was like at 80-100 per cent most of the time!!! is this normal

now it has calmed down now and is remaining at 2 percent but all i am doing is typing this reply.

when i open somehting like outlook express 6 it goes up to 15% and then goes back down?

is this normal

You can double check your startup items in MSCONFIG to see if Outlook express is one of the items and disable it. I never use that program.

Disk Cleanup is pretty resource demanding, takes time if you haven't done it in awhile.

its not really the program outlook express i am worried about...it is the amount of cpu these prgrams are using eg ad-aware was at 100 pecent when scanning, disk cleanup (which i did yesterday) was at 100 percent....

also when i play a song in media player the cpu jumps up to 30 percent or so and then immediatly goes down to consitently 2-4 percent...

i ahve 512mb ram

Back
Top Bottom