flash memory?

ya but i dont get why its in a completely different section than system memory...

because system memory is memory for the system to use to store things and what not, flash memory is used for transporting information and that.

Chris

Yes flash memory is basically for transportation but it is becoming more and more useful as plain secure storage as the drives become bigger and bigger...

I would not think of them as memory any more as much as harddrives. More and More mobos are seeing them this way also and have started to allow booting from a flash drive. This is really helpful to techs as they can now carry this bootable drive to different places and always have it handy to work from.. I know someone that actually has linux on a flash drive that he uses in a lot of different computers.

lurkswithin said:
Yes flash memory is basically for transportation but it is becoming more and more useful as plain secure storage as the drives become bigger and bigger...

I would not think of them as memory any more as much as harddrives. More and More mobos are seeing them this way also and have started to allow booting from a flash drive. This is really helpful to techs as they can now carry this bootable drive to different places and always have it handy to work from.. I know someone that actually has linux on a flash drive that he uses in a lot of different computers.

Wow talk about ultra handy!

Chris

Yea many people do do that
Very handy if you can't get the os on the hard drive to boot up because then you can still use the flash drive as though it was a live cd :D

Wait wait, can I use that as a security messure as well, install the OS on the flash memory and for the computer to boot the OS I need to plug in the Flash memory?

Chris

Back
Top Bottom