SAM security files

elmonomalo said:
Yes sorry for the confusion mods maybe i should've asked this on another forumn... I was just trying to see if i could hack my own security and better my knowledge with encryptian.
My mod colleagues haven't got back to me, but I am satisfied, sorry I haven't got back to you before this

no problem... i understand your concern. As for RewtGuy i don't appreciate your ad hominem remarks... i don't crack peoples' computers, that is just lame and stupid.

x0r515t said:
Of course you could just enable NT hash and this tool would quickly become useless. To enable NT hash go here:

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa

Once in the Lsa directory add a new binary value (if not already there) called 'nolmhash' then set 'nolmhash' to 1 to enable it and 0 to disable it. There is ways to get around even this, but it involves much more effort.

This will disable the viewing of the MD4 hash or what? If so what about the LanMan Hash can't that still leak some secrets?

elmonomalo said:
no problem... i understand your concern. As for RewtGuy i don't appreciate your ad hominem remarks... i don't crack peoples' computers, that is just lame and stupid.

This will disable the viewing of the MD4 hash or what? If so what about the LanMan Hash can't that still leak some secrets?
You say I offended Rewt Guy by making "ad hominem" remarks, I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that term, would you enlighten me please, [I'm serious ].

RewtGuy said:
Of course there's always the possibility they test it on THEIR pc first then do it on someone else's later.

RewtGuy made this statement earlier which i though was ad hominem...
I wasn't reffering to you I was reffering to him talking about me.

Taken from http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=ad+hominem

Main Entry: 1ad ho·mi·nem
Pronunciation: (')ad-'hä-m&-"nem, -n&m
Function: adjective
Etymology: New Latin, literally, to the person
1 : appealing to feelings or prejudices rather than intellect
2 : marked by an attack on an opponent's character rather than by an answer to the contentions made

elmonomalo said:

LM hash is a old hash type used in mainly older OS's such as win3.1, win95, win98, winME, etc any win9x based OS basically will use this hash type. As you probably know, this is no good because passwords with LM hashes are really easy to crack. If you go into your registry and do as I mentioned earlier setting 'nolmhash' to 1 you will actually disable the use of LM hashes on your NT based system and only NT hashes will be used. Heres the full version I wrote for another forum, I suggest you give it a read:

http://67.83.23.11:3/forum/viewtopic.php?t=608

Do that, then try to crack your windows password with the software I mentioned originally. Once you are only storing NT hashes on your system you would have to follow my
*deleted: I said to much* :D

elmonomalo said:
RewtGuy made this statement earlier which i though was ad hominem...
I wasn't reffering to you I was reffering to him talking about me.

Taken from http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=ad+hominem

Main Entry: 1ad ho·mi·nem
Pronunciation: (')ad-'hä-m&-"nem, -n&m
Function: adjective
Etymology: New Latin, literally, to the person
1 : appealing to feelings or prejudices rather than intellect
2 : marked by an attack on an opponent's character rather than by an answer to the contentions made
OK, thanks for clearing this up.

Good Day

Good Day Everyone,

I am creating a website about Personal Computer Security, Spyware first.

I really need some assistance with this project, there is more to this project, we are also creating a program which will terminate malicious processes and more as the project progresses.

If you are willing to join as a voluntary staff member, please contact me at hextcomm@yahoo.com.

Thank You.

Re: Good Day

hextcomm said:
Good Day Everyone,

I am creating a website about Personal Computer Security, Spyware first.

I really need some assistance with this project, there is more to this project, we are also creating a program which will terminate malicious processes and more as the project progresses.

If you are willing to join as a voluntary staff member, please contact me at hextcomm@yahoo.com.

Thank You.

??? I'm confused.

Good Day

I apologize immenseley for any inconvenience caused.

The hextcomm@yahoo.com account no longer exists.

Please contact me at paretovex@yahoo.com.

This website will include tips, tricks, solutions, and a large Database of information to help anyone with any spyware problems solve it well.

So basically this is just an information website about:

Adware, Spyware, Viruses, Hackers:

This will include information on how to avoid being Hacked, to prevent spyware and viruses, and adware, pop-up management, and solutions. tips, tricks.

It will also include news updates about the above pests.

Thank You.

Back
Top Bottom