Help, I did something to my sound card!

mummer43

Baseband Member
I downloaded drivers off the Asus site for my motherboard and it came with a program called sound max. I installed it and decided I didn't want it and after I uninstalled it, my sound stopped working as well as my TV card. I went into the control panel and it says there is no sound device connected. I tried to play an mp3 and it says my sound device is not functioning properly.

What could this be from? How can I fix it?

:confused:

You'll simply just have to install the drivers for your sound card again since taking off that has also deleted the sound driver.
But this time, if you don't want Sound Max as an extra, don't install it.

I hope this helps :)

Kage said:
You'll simply just have to install the drivers for your sound card again since taking off that has also deleted the sound driver.
But this time, if you don't want Sound Max as an extra, don't install it.

I hope this helps :)

I did a system restore and used the CD to re-install the win-tv software. All is well!!!

Drivers are pretty much lines of instruction (software, programs) that help inititate the hardware to do what it is intended to do. It's kind of like a middle person that acts as a barrier between human interface and hardware.

TRDCorolla said:
Drivers are pretty much lines of instruction (software, programs) that help inititate the hardware to do what it is intended to do. It's kind of like a middle person that acts as a barrier between human interface and hardware.

I gotcha... thanks!

Back
Top Bottom