Windows Home vs Pro

draconum

Daemon Poster
Hey,
I'm wondering what the difference between Windows XP Home and XP Pro? all I'm going to be doing is some Website Work and Gaming on my computer so what would you recommend?

Chris

XP Pro has the following features that XP Home does not such as attaching to a domain, IIS 5.1, remote desktop, advanced security. Windows XP Pro is the choice to get. Unless you don't plan on doing anthing with networking, get the Home Edition.

Hmm Well I have Xp Home and my networks running just fine!
However I know where you're coming from, You get alot more options to do with networking in pro, still... doesn't mean you can't do it at all.

Yeah, that's mainly it. You get more networking options because it was designed for business use. XP Pro also support multiprocessor setups too. I think XP Home Edition is limited in the number of computers that can be connected to at the same time.

Yep, the Ideal situation is to get the XP PRO 64bit OS, but it's like £100! :( Maybe later on prehaps.

The only problem with getting the 64 bit version is there are hardly no other programs yet supporting the 64bit platform so you won't really get a performance boost from any programs.

When more come out, you'll find the 64 bit version of Windows woudl have dropped in price too and it would be more worthy to do so then :p

Kage said:
The only problem with getting the 64 bit version is there are hardly no other programs yet supporting the 64bit platform so you won't really get a performance boost from any programs.

When more come out, you'll find the 64 bit version of Windows woudl have dropped in price too and it would be more worthy to do so then :p

Yeah it's gonna be a couple months before I even start thinking about it anyways :p

Chris

hehe okay...I think you might have to give it more than months though for new programs to appear i'm afraid :p

yeah but maybe the price of the OS will come down just a bit... I jsut wana get it so I won't have to buy it when programs do start supporting it... it would be a waste of money to buy two OS for one computer :p

Chris

Back
Top Bottom