10,000rpm hdd worth the extra?

Quantum Flux

In Runtime
is the extra money worth it to get 10000rpm hard-drives instead of 7200? does it offer considerable performanmce increase? Is 10000rpm bottlenecked by sata1, is it necesary to get sata2 for a 10k hdd?

thanks

I wouldn't toss my money into a 10,000 rpm hdd. Just not enough storage space for the price u are paying.

This is a matter of personal reasoning...If you need that little extra retrieval speed then you might think it is worthy..if not then i guess it wouldn't be. some people get it and then have a slower drive to store to...when using the drive for gaming and stuff then it is pretty fast when through, well just store in the slower drive untill you need it again.

this is a stupid question for a stoopid reason but i want to know.

I go to lan parties with my work buddies and we brag about who has the best benchmark. i plan to kick their buts with my new sys, i hope. anyways, will the wd raptors provide performance boost in this respect?

I think if I was going to fork out extra for more speed, I'd go for the 15k Hdd :) But I doubt I'd even do that unless I was overspending on everything else, If you get what I mean?

IDK I would think you bought a small 37 GB or so 10k RPM for your boot up drive it might improve boot up speed a bit. Example get like a 120 7200 RPM, and 37 GB 10k partion the 37 into 5GB section for windows, and then the rest for game. and use your 120 for other needs like dling, and keeping files in

its not worth it...a maxtor diamonmax/maxxline 16mb cache 7200rpm sata is just as fast as a raptor

It sure cost a lot for a little increase in performance. I still say buy two hard drives and RAID 0 them. You get tons of storage space and better performance for much cheaper price.

Back
Top Bottom