6800gt temps

Gamingfreak

Fully Optimized
i have a evga 6800gt and it idles at about 56C and gets to a max of about 80C and thats with a Arctic Cooling NV Silencer 5 Rev.2 on it is that good or bad? and if anyone else has a 6800gt what temps are you getting?

that is hot my friend, but i have no idea about those 6800gts. alls i know is that my x800 gets to about 60C full load on stock cooling.

Don't worry. Along with heavy power consumption, nVIDIA cards are notorious for high tempurature levels. It's probably normal. Are these tempuratures occuring while gaming? Or are they just Idle?

Idle is 56 degrees it says, and to me this doesn't seem bad...

but 80 degrees, especially using a fan you've added should cool it more than that, with the standard ones usually cooling cards to around 70 degrees, and so a more effective one should be getting this down to 60's, maybe 50 degrees in heat when in full use.

I would advise checking that the fan is secured properly to the card, maybe checking for the stuff you put on it beforehand and maybe placing more? So just check this, since that should be cooling it more than it is, so something seems wrong there.

If all seems to be working correctly, since the 6800GT is a powerful card, it might be normal and so I wouldn't worry. Video cards tend to get very hot, and a temperature reading of 70 degrees is not unknown, even on weaker cards, and they can handle heat better than processors can, because a processor at that heat would be advised to be turned off as it could be causing it to slow down and even risk crashing the computer.

I hope this helps :)

Yeah, check to make sure you put the heatsink on properly and make sure you put enough, but not too much thermal grease.

I have an evga 6800gt agp.... I idle at like 54 and load at like 61... so i guess ur running hot. But is it real hot in ur case/house... iv seen it get up to 64 on a really hot day... but 80.. damn thats hot.

No, actually, 80 is usually ok on eVGA cards. The 6800GTs maximum critical temperature where the silicon wafers become compromised and auto cease is 135C, and its MDBP is 98C. 80C is a wee bit warm, but if you improve the airflow onto the card, it should cool down a bit. Reinstall the heatsink and apply a good amount of thermal compound, but not too much.

ok i will do that but keep in mind i do have it overclocked like it says in my signiture so i dont think its to bad for what i have it overclocked at

i put it back down to its orriginal clock (350/1000) and i put some more artic silver on it and i removed the side pannel and it still didnt make much of a difference so i dont know what else to do

Back
Top Bottom