IP encryption

x0r515t said:
Did I ever say this network was using OS filtering? No I didn't. Maybe you should read up on MAC address filtering:
http://compnetworking.about.com/cs/wirelessproducts/qt/macaddress.htm

I know how MAC address filtering works. I was Cisco certified. I think you are misunderstanding what he wants. He wants to know how the OPERATING SYSTEM is being filtered. Apparently, the network in question is filtering out the Windows OS but allowing the MAC OS. Not MAC address. All I'm saying is that a network cannot identify your OS with only your IP or MAC address.

Yes that was what deathagent meant originally
But kind of bent his question around as the thread continued

Originally my question was based on my misunderstanding of the kind of filtering that was used. As dyserq says, as I learned what MAC filtering was, I changed my question to getting around MAC filtering as opposed to getting around "OS filtering."

spank_fusion said:
All I'm saying is that a network cannot identify your OS with only your IP or MAC address.

I understand everything your saying. Just to give you a hard time, tell me what this command would do:

Code:
nmap -sS -O -P0 -PT 127.0.0.1

Nmap is an open source network scanner tool that is used for gathering network information in the form of hosts and services enumeration :D

Back
Top Bottom