overclocking, will i need more fans?

jcon891

Daemon Poster
im trying to get everything im gonna do in my head before i get the parts to my new computer. If i overclock a geforce 6800GT and my amd athlon 64 3700+, will i need more than 5 fans? (that is what my case comes with.) i will have the back 2 fans blowing air out, and the 2 side and 1 front fans blowing air in.

that should be fine, but you will need a better heatsink for your cpu. What heatsink will you be using?

i was gonna use the heatsink that came w/ my cpu. u think i should get a better one? which one? (please from newegg) thnx

that is a heatsink? i thought that was just a fan.

o never mind. its in the heatsink department. (why does it look so much different from the heatsinks ive seen?)

haha, i guess awesome things just look different. ill trust you on this one, it does seem to be awesome from the comments. i guess i can put $50 more on my list ;)

that is a nice heatsink and fan combo...Just keep in mind that all new systems will run a little hotter than usuall till the thermal paste/tape sets up. This differenc could be as much as 10 degrees but normally remains about 5

Back
Top Bottom