Virus Alert!

norton has a few prombles and a lot of times it won't tell you if you have a virus but panda will.

I'm sorry, but Norton is the 3rd worst anti-virus in existance. The second being McAfee, and the 1st being EZArmor. Avast! is the best one I've found when it comes to residential protection(protection while surfing the net) and BitDefender is the best when it comes to scanning and deleting viruses. I have both on my comp. AntiVir is also excellent, as it runs spectacularly in safe mode, and can destroy viruses while their network access is limited. Try the above programs, they're all free, and are all wonderful programs, and I urge you to avoid paying money for a less than useful anti-virus such as Norton. Good luck with your virus, and try searching for the files via Hijack This.

im sorry Silvance but i will hav to dis agree with u there in my experience panda is a much better anti-virus software but i suppose it is what eva works best for u ent it

ok guys let this thread not turn into a fight here..
No AV program is thebest or worst...there are some that are a little better than others but not to the sake of argueing over which is the best....or worst.

As in all protection programs they all have their momments...but not all of them are updated as fast as they should be....some are just too intrusive into a system when there is no need to be and others are just take offs of another program....

Same is true of anti spyware/malware programs.

So make your assesments and purchase or get the one that fits your situation and go with it...If it later proves to be not as well as you though or that it just doesn't work as it should...try another one...

My recommendations when dealing with any virus or spyware or malware issue is to uuse whatever programs that are available to do the jobs and then as a second try to turn of system restore and try to remove it again and if that doesn't work to try it in safe mode and still no good then start backing everything up( which should be done regularly any way) and do a clean reinstall.

Back
Top Bottom