In Runtime
my system reqs:

win XP
vid card 9600XT
GA-K8T800M
athlon 64 3000+
corsair value select 512x2 ddr400
SATA WD 80gb

when i turn on the power the screen doesnt respond. i took out the vidcard and tried it on my other computer and it worked just fine. i dont think its the monitor because its was working until these 2 problems started

there is another error that i was getting right before the screen wouldnt even turn on also. when it would start to boot up it would stop at the very first screen where it shows the 4 IDE drives

hmmm...now i donn't know ...but when mine did that my motherboard was screwed and i had to send it in to get it fixed...but that may not be your problem...so idk

well...when my mobo was screwed the light still came on...it was just the pci and agp slots that wouldn't work for some reason

sooo...the little green light turns on, does it beeb like its loading bios or anything? cuz if it does and you don't get visual and you know your VGA works then its prolly the mobo slot

Hmm, I would advise you to check power connections, and checking that the little wires are connected right and aren't short circuting, like power l.e.d's, etc.

If that doesn't work, I would advise resetting the Bios chip to see if this might help, and some motherboards have an easy way of doing this using a CMOS jumper, though with older ones, you might have to take the battery out for a few hours to let it reset and try again.

Also, I should advise checking the CPU, and possibly even dust on connections to check if components are secured right, because after the video card works in antoher system, you know it isn't that, but this wouldn't stop the system booting up anyway, so must be something deeper down.

I hope this helps :)

this is the type of monitor that wont turn on w/out some kind of support of graphics so i cant even see what is says on the screen anymore

i tried to reset the BIOS by pulling off the jumper of the 2-pin it was on. im not sure if that was the right way to do it. with my other computer i switch the jumper to the another pin on a 3-pin setup for 3 seconds

i have checked all connections and it all is snug. i tested each stick of ram by itself also

do you think i should take out the battery?

Back
Top Bottom