Problems With Knoppix LiveCD

dyserq

Fully Optimized
Ok i've downloaded Knoppix some 2 or 3 times thinking that the file was corrupted when it didn't work after i burnt it onto the cd and ran it at startup (which was stupid as the Knoppix file was none other than huge)
I check everything, that the computer booted from cd first and so on
But it still didn't work
All i have on the CD is the .iso file for Knoppix
Any suggestions or ideas? They will all be appreciated

you have to open the iso file with your burning download and the software will burn the files on.

You Nero or 50% Alcohol

I've already burnt it onto the CD
I use Nero, although i have also tried 150% Alchohol

Open Nero, go to Recorder / select burn image / browse to the Knoppix .iso file. Then follow the prompts, I cannot help you with the rest as I do not have .iso file on hand.

Umm no error message
There is a slight pause but nothing comes up
I can hear the CD running but the computer just ignores it and then just continues booting up windows from the hard drive

You might want to set the BIOS to have pc start from the cd rom first rather than the hard drive. If the cd were bootable yet corrupted, the system would freeze or restart.

I've checked the BIOS and it always runs from a cd first if there is one

UPDATE: Ok now it is finally working, i verified the ISO image and then set it to boot
But now all it says is system information and all that, i thought that Knoppix would load now but it just seems to freeze there ... any ideas or suggestions ?

Back
Top Bottom