Windows Antispyware official release date?

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Does anyone have a clue as to when the official Windows AntiSpyware will be released? I'm not talking about the Beta version, but the actual full working version. I cringe a bit when I hear the term 'Beta' and don't want to risk running it on my laptop.

Hmm, windows antispyware is perfectly fine
There is nothing wrong with the 'beta', it is just saying that it will be improved
I would recommend that you get it, on top of SP2 firewall and new security add ons, i use the windows antispyware firewall as when i use zone alarm pro, it won't allow access to a networked computer
It doesn't say on the microsoft website because i just checked but i have heard that it'll be released at the end of this year and start of next, this is when the beta version will end and you will have to pay

Wow, I thought the Windows AntiSpyware was going to be free.

I guess they can't really include it as part of Windows anyways because of the antitrust suit awhile back with IE being part of Windows (monpolizing the market). I"ll bet MIcrosoft really want to make the Antispyware part of Windows though. I can understand if we have to pay for it.

Since its beta, I might as well use it for free. So if the retail version comes out, will we still be able to use the Beta? Or will it lock it up until we buy the retail version?

Well u don't haveto pay for the microsoft anti-spyware yet. And about 6 months ago I looked this from google. And the anti-spyware wich noticed most threats was microsoft anti-spyware and ad-aware had the second place. Ofcourse this is atleast 6 months old info but atleast then the ms anti-spyware was better than for example spybot. And some of u might think (atleast I did) that microsoft could have paid some money for some websites to put that kind of results to the internet, but when I thought about it, it would not make any sence since the ms anti-spyware was going to be free for atleast 1 year, so really no financial profit would have occured.

And sorry if it's full of typing mistakes or understandable words, I had a LAN party and was up for about 47h in a row, so my brains are not functioning too well atm.

And if you really must pay for spyware protection, get Spysweeper. Best antispyware program in existance.

Back
Top Bottom