Noooooo!!!!

elmonomalo said:
This may be off topic but i hate it when people say they have *.* megaBYTES per second... can you even imagine that? i mean if they had 5 megaBYTES for example that would be 5000+ kb per sec...

good point!

Mbps
spacer.gif

Mbps is not to be confused with MBps (megabytes per second). Mbps stands for millions of bits per second or megabits per second and is a measure of bandwidth (the total information flow over a given time) on a telecommunications medium. Depending on the medium and the transmission method, bandwidth is also sometimes measured in the Kbps (thousands of bits or kilobits per second) range or the Gbps (billions of bits or gigabits per second) range.

you think you got it bad, I have 28.8 kbps dialup shared over 3 computers in my home network and it gets really slow when everyone in my family is on the internet at the same time.

Computergen said:
Haha! How would you know if he lived so close....weird. Feel bad about the dial up when I'm cruising back on 5.1MBPS

I envy you for your T1 or T3 connection

mikee said:
you think you got it bad, I have 28.8 kbps dialup shared over 3 computers in my home network and it gets really slow when everyone in my family is on the internet at the same time.

lol.. actually.. I use to do that too.. lmao

ACDC ROX 999 said:
y would u downgrade? 8MBps to 1.5?

o it cost too much ok

ya, im only 16 and my dad says that if i want something that expensive, then i'd have to buy it myself. :mad: but o well , 1.5 is better than 56k:p

question...now i havent read the whole thread so if this is allready answered just dont' answer ... but how do you tell how fast your internet is goin?

thanks abunch wombat my download speed is 1.3 Mbps and upload speek is 315 Kbps is this good? were paying 25$ per month ... i think supposedly dsl

Back
Top Bottom