Knoppix Live DVD

Starr

Daemon Poster
I just downloaded the Knoppix Live DVD (4 GBs baby) and it is a win RAR file. Now inside it are a bunch of other files. I am assuming that I make an .iso image of the directory. Am I right? And can I do this in Nero?

Starr said:
I just downloaded the Knoppix Live DVD (4 GBs baby) and it is a win RAR file. Now inside it are a bunch of other files. I am assuming that I make an .iso image of the directory. Am I right? And can I do this in Nero?
All the Knoppix mirrors that I use have the Knoppix file in a .iso format. None of them have the dvd iso available. Where did you download yours from.

The normal cd .iso file is 696 megs for the latest version.

When I try to create a boot dvd it tells me that the file is too large to be stored in an .iso format and it seays to switch it to a udf and use a different compile method.

Well I decompressed it and now there are a bunch of files and folders and a couple more zips.

OMG, read this:
' In all likelyhood, you do not have a RAR file. No offical source is providing the Knoppix files in RAR format and it is unlikely that unofficial sources are either. From past experience we know that is is most likely that you are allowing Windows to hide file extensions from you and you only think that the ISO is a RAR file because of an ICON accociated with it. Windows should never be allowed to hide file extensions. Go to My Computer -> View -> Folder Options -> View and turn off the "feature" that hides file extensions.

If you have "extracted" any files from the file that you thought was a RAR file, delete them. If you have deleted what you thought was a RAR file (the ISO file), you will have to download it again. You can not put the files you extracted back together and make another ISO, parts will be missing.'

Back
Top Bottom