Putting animals down, right or wrong?

Yeah I agree, the circumstances definetly matter.

For instance 2 rats we had got put down. one of them had got cancer in the skin of some sort and so that one got put down as it was causing pain. The other one had a skin condition only because of stress of the other one dying, but the vet said that if they were seperated, it would have caused more harm to that other one and so the vet put the other one down too as they had always been together. I think it was best though, and I think that would come under the right circumstances in my eyes.
What do you lot think?

Animals

lso euthanesia is legalized in Holland I believe but in very controlled circumstances, this could be good if not abused.

In my opinon, if it helps them, yes. It might seem cruel, but dogs still feel pain.

you just gotta look at it like your doin him a favor. yes i think you should put dogs down if they have incurable pain. i don't see why ppl go to the vet to have this done. well...i guess i do...but usually (well ... the last 2 times anyway) our dogs died while we were away on a trip...so when we got back we didn't have to see em die...

If the anima whatsoerer suffers from anything or is having too much difficulty, then yes you can put it down.

Otherwise, it is not OK to put a young and healthy dog down. This is animal cruelty.

In your case, your are doing it for his wellbeing and your dog would certainly apreciate it.

Re: Animals

tsktsk354 said:
lso euthanesia is legalized in Holland I believe but in very controlled circumstances, this could be good if not abused.
We had a cat for eleven years until his liver packed up, I got a friend & neighbour to take me to the vet to have him put to sleep, as I knew I'd be in no state to drive home, on leaving the vet, I hadn't taken off his collar, which we were going to keep, so I went back in the surgery, the vet quickly hid the syringe behind his back, & our cat was sitting on the bench, looking perky, belying the fact that he was so ill, I quickly took his collar off, & rushed out, very upset, this was over twenty years ago, I've still got the collar, we had "Simon" from a kitten, his mother was a farm cat, some people say they make the best pets, not neurotic like some high bred cats.

Maurice

Got to be yes... In some circumstances leaves room for debate, and there shouldn't be :p If the animal is going to die in a long drawn and painful out fashion, it is only right to put it down. No animal should die in a painful fashion. Well... maybe Wombat :D

Seti says>>> Boy You just don't know when to quit do ya? You continue to keep pecking at the mods. It's gotten past being old and has moved up to being in violation of a directive issued by David and the forum rules of flaming. I have grown weary of editing your sexually oriented posts and your covert shifty attempts to sway the members of this forum to be against the mods. You are not a mod. You are no one special. Your high post count means nothing. You are walking on very thin ice. This is the second post I have personaly edited in less than 12 hours from you. Let it be the last or you will not like what happens next.

Steven12 said:
l'cOh, je suis triste que mon chat soit mort mais bien que j'obtiens un chien, yipee

can anyone translate this for me?? i have no idea what language itis

It is the ancient and useless gobblede-gook language known as French:

l'cOh, je suis triste que mon chat soit mort mais bien que j'obtiens un chien, yipee = the OH, I am sad that my cat died but although I obtain a dog, yipee

Obviously not so good at French. But then again, at 13 I was already dead set against it and purely incapable of learning it, which they tried for two years :p

Back
Top Bottom