Something to point out

Ha ha root. A lot of people have my ISP. I'm not sure what a dynamic IP pool is, but I'm guessing plenty of other people have the same pool as me?

There are tools that are installed in the web sites all across the web that can actually break that pool down. These are usually goverened by the admins of the site and they do a little bit deeper linking then just to a ISP server. That information actually takes your computer ID which by the way cannot be changed except by buying a new pc. This type of program doesn't care about ISP or geographical areas. You get taged by that you wish to get back into the site that barred you ...buy a new pc is the only way or have few others to have a use for. This information doesn't take any personal and could care less about it. The information goes into another log file and is sometimes updated to a master file that is downloaded to other sites and will cause an auto matic ban on that computer name....

so in affect what it will do is render your computer basically to nothing but a personal pc game console because once in the system as an abuser you will be banned from a lot of sites just for being on the list. Site owners and Admins are really tired of idiots ruining their sites

It is their fault originally anywayz
If they didn't break the CF rules then this wouldn't happen would it ?

that is it exactly

but there will always be the little babies that can't seem to get a grip that in fact they only have the rights of the ADMIN gives them. This site is private.
there for there are no governing rights as they would like you to believe None, Nada, Zilch.
so instead of accepting that they act like little immature babies and scream to mommies and daddies that they are being so abused because no one will allow them to abuse the policies of the site they were VISITING on.

Total Morons is what they are.

Ips are public information on the net..

Your Ip address is like your street address for your computer.. By displaying your IP your not giving up any information people can get to easily. Relax it's not that big of deal.

computerlover said:
Ha ha root. A lot of people have my ISP. I'm not sure what a dynamic IP pool is, but I'm guessing plenty of other people have the same pool as me?
2540 addresses in that IP pool actually, a pool is a group of addresses owned by a company, Your ISP owns 2540 addresses on the branch that you are connected to... Needless to say a bunch of those will be taken up with the ISPs machines...

So there are 2540 addresses available to the area you are in (which could make it a village, small town or a neighbourhood exchange)...

In fact your ISP only has 657,009 addresses in total, so that only makes it a large town... or perhaps county. -certainly we arn't talking something many states wide like AOL!

Anyway, back to the 2540 addresses that you could be posting from.
Id say thats a small town...

So the chance of you knowing the man who posted on here as Elite gamer are reasonable...

But what are the chances of you searching for his username directly without knowning him? (note the highlight=Elitegame of your search for posts with IP addresses...) I'd say the chances of that are fairly small... (certainly a lot less than the 1:2540 odds you had a before you posted that link).

It made it really easy to see through your, "I found this thread and thought it was about a game" story...

If you've come here (and are indeed Elite Gamer) then theres a small button with a cross in the top corner of your screen that you should push...
If you know him and you've come here to stir up shit on his behalf, then again I suggest you use that little cross...

If you've come here knowing elite gamer (which must be why you were searching for posts with his name in them), yet want to stay and have a happy time then please do.

As I said before, (and LK is wrong here, and any other mod thinking they can post what and when they like is also wrong).
http://www.computerforums.org/rules.html
The Rules said:
Your personal information is not shared with any other companies/indviduals.
thats our part of the contract, which we will abide by, assuming of course that you abide by the rules also...

If you break the rules, we no longer have any kind of agreement with you.
Thats as simple as I can put it really...

i just have a question for mods. it says in the rules that our personal information will not be shared directly with any other companies or individuals (correct me if im wrong?) and im assuming that by "other" it means other than this forum? well sure the information is not being directly given out, but any person from any company on this earth has direct access to this forum. does bringing this up change anything at all?

Originally Posted by The Rules

Your personal information is not shared with any other companies/indviduals.

Your IP address isn't considered personal information. Its out there in the public everywhere you go.. (public imformation)I can make a simple html web page that will display everything about your host via whois... CF could do that also and display it on every page.. They dont do it, to keep out the little script kiddies from trying to attack ip all day long.

Anyone who is completely worried about there IP address I suggest a couple of things..
1. Get a proxy.. now you have a different IP
2. Get a firewall.. Protect yourself
3. Yank the internet cord from the wall.

Quit complaining about the IP issue.. There are bigger probelms in the world then "he put my IP on the net" You relize how many places and people have your IP just from you logging on and surfing the net for an hours? Get over it.. Have fun, Obide by the rules and you'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom