trojan in the windows folder

yoshie1

Baseband Member
hm... i got about 3 viruses in the system32 folder.. i know that that folder holds most of the important files that makes xp work.

shdocsv.dll ~
svcnt.exe ~
notepad.com ~

hm.. i quarantined all of these.. and i tried opening notepad and it works fine. does anyone know what the other two files are for and if i should delete them

complete name: Trojan.W32/E-eliminator
E-eliminator creates the file SHDOCSV.DLL
-----------------------------------------

Do some googling for the other one...

Hmm just don't go deleting random files from system32 cause they keep your os operating
Sometimes if you try to delete Trojan.W32/E-liminator you may not be able to because it is running an active process
You need to terminate that process before you delete or ele you will no tbe able to

hm....... yep.. i tried to REPAIR it in safe mode but that failed... but its in quarantine anyway and my pc seems to work ok... you think i should delete both or just the shdocsv

moveonboot: http://www.snapfiles.com/get/moveonboot.html
1)download this file

2).Run Task Manager(CTRL+ALT+DELETE):
C:\WINDOWS\System32\intel32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svcnt.exe
End these processes

3).Find and delete these files (use move on boot)
C:\WINDOWS\System32\intel32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svcnt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdocsv.dll

***note*** the intel32,exe is normally companioned with svcnt.exe but may not be there if it is get rid of it too.

to use move on boot Just drag and drop to the program and it will take care of it on the next bootup. you can drop as many files as you need to but I would keep it less than 5

let us know how it comes out so others can see also

Back
Top Bottom