How do I change hard drive e: back to c:?

Hey I heard about partition magic and so I decided to give it a try, so I downloaded the free trial version and now I dont know how to change it back to c:. Would you happen to know any further steps i must take to get it changed back using Partition magic?

According to Partition magic I have 3 partitions, 2 are unallocated and the other is NTFS which I guess I run my operating system on. Should I get rid of the 2 unalloacted partitions and see then if i can try to change my main partition back to c: or should I try something else. Any Ideas?

thanks

Okay in Partition Magic I want to change the drive letter but it say if I do that my system might not boot. Should I do that anyway?

no you shouldn't. you will have to reformat and reinstall windows and make sure it's C: this time! I've never heard of being able to change your boot drive letter while windows is installed, it would screw up things so bad that you'll have to reinstall anyway cuz nothing will work.

I am having this same issue, but have a related question

Please forgive me for intruding on this thread, but I am having this same issue. While I realize that it is probably just easier to reinstall windows, I have a question first. During installation of Windows XP, I don't remember it asking for a drive letter. I do have 2 hard drives (one 80GB, which should be the system drive and one 60GB). I selected the 80GB for installation of Windows, but I don't ever remember anything about selecting a drive letter. I am asking about this because I would hate to waste my time reinstalling Windows, only to find out that the system drive was assigned something other than C again. Tommy Boy said to make sure that it's C this time, but I'm not sure how to do this.

Also, I just replaced my system hard drive and when a new one was sent, it was Ultra ATA. While I am certain that the new cable is installed correctly (blue-system, black-master, grey-slave) I am wondering fif my jumper settings caused this issue (or whether the jumper settings are irrelevant when using the 80 pin cable for Ultra ATA). If it helps, right now my system volume is F, the slave drive is D, my DVD is E and my CD-RW is G.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Anxiously awaiting help...

Back
Top Bottom