google problems

alright so origanilly my whole family was on the same HDD. we had an error and we had to reinstall everything. my parents dont trust me so they put me on a 40gig partion while they get the other 40. (my parents AND my brother own that half) alright so when my mom searches for anything on google.com it says HTTP 404 somehting or another file cant be found. anybody on that partition gets that answer. i dont! yes so it is they who messed up! alright i need help cuz my mom thinks i am a compuyter genius...for the smalll to kinda medium problems i am. like when the printer wont print. and stuff like that. but i have no idea what to do for this problem. well...i could reinstall IE6 for them ...that might help. idk. any other suggestions?

thanks...forever live ACDC!!!

Try to delete Temporary Internet Files. Login in with your moms account or have her do it. Goto control panel> Internet Options > under the section "Temporary Internet files" > delete cookies, Delete Files, When prompted, check the box to "Delete all offline content". Then clear history.
Still not working?
Can you connect to the site "http://www.google.com"? Or is it only after entering a search then hitting the search button to load the next page?
Also,
So your running two versions of the same Operating System on two different partitions on the same machine?
Or is it just one OS with different users? because if so they still havnt kept you off the the Operating System partition...

ya when i hit search then it doesnt work. ill try that thing u said. and we both have xp just on two diferent partitions.

Back
Top Bottom