Something to point out

thats the thing about the internet there are no laws or anyone who can stop this only the admins ... this is a big forum and there are loads of user passing day in and day out and its wrong to post IPs

no its not ok this has got to stop, whats to stop them (the mods) from posting my IP if i do something wrong, if they can get away with posting Spammers IPs why not post other peoples IP?

Forums should only allow Admins to view IPs

technoman said:
no its not ok this has got to stop, whats to stop them (the mods) from posting my IP if i do something wrong, if they can get away with posting Spammers IPs why not post other peoples IP?

Forums should only allow Admins to view IPs

for a long time member if you got banned your IP wouldn't get posted. DB's didn't. just don't become a masive spammer and it won't be posted.

lets say you post spammers IP ok excellent well done, but what happends when members get banned for other reasons whats to stop you from posting there IPs?

computerlover said:
lol... here ya go... after searching these forums last night I came across this. I thought the game was banned from this forum. Very weird topic.

http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=17835&highlight=elitegamer

Also, this gives out his Home adress from what it looks like. So, yes you are in breach of member policy.
As has already been pointed out, thats not his address, thats his ISPs address (It says nothing other than the fact that his ISP is vancouver based, so he could be either in America or Canada)...

You just happened to be searching and stumbled accross it hey???

Funny how you were searching for posts by elitegamer to make this point and you 'just happen' to have the same ISP as him, and are posting from the same dynamic IP pool?

technoman said:
lets say you post spammers IP ok excellent well done, but what happends when members get banned for other reasons whats to stop you from posting there IPs?
Our Mods could post your IP if they wanted to :p They don't generally post Users IPs unless they are spammers, and banned for it, or going to be banned for it. Other users who have been banned... I suppose it depends how.

You do the the crime, you do the time. I only publish IP addresses if the poster is a persistent offender.

Back
Top Bottom