Dvorak: Windows Vista: Where's the Buzz?

I'm vaguely excited to see what it's like.

I'm always keen to see new versions of Windows as they get released.

it has borders that look like transparent plastic (thus everything behind the borders are fuzzy:(). the recycle bin is of course even cooler to look at.

Well, I hope vista has more to offer than just eye-candy. Frankly, I still see no reason to use any MS OS after windows 2000.

There seems to be a legal battle with the name. Another company has the name also and M$ is in a pickle so there is not to be a lot of hoopla till that is fixed.

C'mon. It's just the icons that look nice. it doesn't mean anything. That kind of icons can be found for both GNU/Linux and OSX.

its funny how MS lovers wait for 4 years to get only eye candy that everyone else had for 5 years

It's amazing how people get so excited and fascinated by the icons and eye-candy in Vista. It doesn't mean anything at all.

It is not all eye candy. It overs better security, more flexability to make the PC do what you want, it also has better networking and file sharing. Also the object oriented file system WINFS although pulled from Vista is still very exciting.

The company that is sueing Microsoft has a trademark on "vista.com" They have to be together. Microsoft wants to trademark Windows and Vista together.

Back
Top Bottom