IP encryption

Hmm what do you mean?
You do understand that the mac address is for network ... so there is a big difference between an ip address and the mac address
If you mean you want to hide your ip then just set up a proxy server with all the correct ports and all that

It is also possible to "spoof" your MAC address, if that helps.

I've never done it, and don't know how, but it is possible, at least so I'm told.

What dyserq said sounds about right. I want to convince a network that my windows xp machine is actually an apple running a mac OS.

Ahh deathagent
I thought that you meant it like as in you want your ip adress to see your mac address
By the way, the mac address is like a ip address except it is designated for a network
To my knowledge, i am not sure if you can ... i'll check up on it though

There is no difference between a Windows IP address and a Mac IP address. A network would not be able to tell the difference between your operating system by IP address alone.

Wireless networks are able to filter windows' ip ranges and only allow macs in. This is what I'm trying to get around since all windows OS computers are filtered for "security reasons," in the *public* network I wish to use.

What do you mean by filter deathagent ?
Now i am pretty sure that you can't because from a single ip you can only find out a few details such as hostname, isp, city location and time zone that they're in
I don't think that your os is included in it

I'm not really sure, but my "theory" is that there are ranges of numbers that are only used for ip adresses of windows OS' and ones that are only used for mac OS', so by encrypting the IP of a Windows machine to that of a Mac range the network could be used, but then again that's just my theory... I could be completely off and just dead wrong.

Hmm i don't think that that is the case though ...
The operating system stil doesn't affect your ip address
The internet protocol is a universal system, they all have to link to each other in uhh ... kind of like the same format or kind
I mean, people use linux but it doesn't affect their ip address at all, your isp doesn't change your ip when you change os so from what i see there is no difference

Back
Top Bottom