Portland Communications

UK31337

Fully Optimized
I've used them in the past, their free package isn't half bad, and you get even more if you pay a little bit of money.

Visit them at this link.

Dynamix said:
The link dosent work for me
Regards,

Weird, no problems here. What problems you having, any errors, or just it doesn't respond to clicking?

I've had intermittent problems with Portland for several months. I've had domain not found for the last week. Portland say it's a problem only for BT customers. I've asked BT and they have asked me for traces etc. but have neither confirmed nor denied it.

cimbalom said:
I've had intermittent problems with Portland for several months. I've had domain not found for the last week. Portland say it's a problem only for BT customers. I've asked BT and they have asked me for traces etc. but have neither confirmed nor denied it.
Now thats strange, Im on BT too and i cant get on it.
Thats freaky.
Regards

Problems with Portland Communications

cimbalom said:
Hi,
I have some free E-Mail-Accounts and a free Web-Account at Portland Com. Since some time at sunday, I do not get any connection to the nameservers of Portland Com. and I am not a customer of BT, but of the german Alice-DSL. I do not know, how this ISP was connected to portland.co.uk. But I tried to search for infos about this disconnection and got the impression, that most of the internet do not get a connection: ZoneEdit.com can not tell me the address of mail.portland.co.uk, www.portland.co.uk in google-cache is from 26.7. and in some traffic-site, the traffic to www.portland.co.uk dropped to or near 0 at end of July.
I guess some broken route to the DNS-Severs.
Can you give me an DNS-Server, which I may enter in my resolv.conf, which still have the mappings of portland.co.uk and is reachable from Germany?

Greets Andreas

Back
Top Bottom