Reformatting

mighty_chick

Fully Optimized
should i reformat my computer as Fat32 or the other one?

i started reformatting and it didnt even get me the option of Fat32..just NTFS is all it gave me

Choose NTFS! Well u don't have a choise now do u? But NTFS is better, atleast that's what i've been told.

IF you are going to be using the same hard drive to instal Windows NT you need Fat32. Other than that do NTFS

I don't think you can use Win2000 or XP to format your drive FAT32 - I'm not sure how you install them onto a FAT32 partition, but I know it can be done.

NTFS is better anyway, as those OS's are designed to use it.

you can install win xp on a fat 32 system as i do but i only do this as i use a program called hyperos to swap from one o/s system to another.but if you are just using a normal system with 1 operating system then yes i agree with everyone else ntfs file system is better.but the xp disc will not give you the oppertunity to format in fat32 anyway only ntfs as this is what it was built on.unless you realy need fat32 its not worth thinking about.

ok thats what i did it as. btw my wnidows loading screen now takes about 7secs to load up windows, compared to my old 5mins or more loading times :D im happy although invalid cd-key so i cant get a lot of the new stuff

If you are saying you don't have a valid XP key and you are running XP without at least SP1 and can't update you will get the msblaster or sasser worm before the day is out.

i have SP1...and i've been running with this same cd-key since march, i jsut didnt wanna have to use it again,. i never had a virus before that

Back
Top Bottom