Editing dodgy posts

Computergen said:
I mean I really hate it when I have had to tell mutliple people more than 2 or 3 times to use the edit button.

I'm probably going to get slammed for this, but I really think this is the job of the moderators. If you see a member constantly doing something that is against site policy, or apparently not using the edit button to your liking, then report it to the mods and let them handle it. Isn't that what the "report post" option is for. Im sorry Computergen I dont mean to come off like I'm jumping all over you, but YOU shouldnt be the one directing traffic in here, that's what the moderators are for.

root said:
no, because it'd be a bit dangerous to let just anyone delete posts...

I know that I was just anyone before I was a mod, but I hope you get what I mean,

if it were available to any member then it wouldn't really be managable.

besides there are mods on here *practically* all the time, (I've been on all day)... I bet you didn't even know there had been a spam merchant trying to sell certificates here did you?

see it's effective, we get to keep the posts in the forum, but they don't actually get in the way of members...

oops i meant to say MODS delete them

I think if you're going to edit a whole thread, at least take the time to edit it properly. Remove the Title, and turn it to . or *, or indeed remove the Thread from view - but don't post when you do it to say it has been done, because then you throw the thread up the list and it ruins the system, because you'll see a thread you cannot see.

Haha, only the unwise did not see him selling certificates :p

Yeah, if somebody posts a massive advert advertising free iPod's, DVD players and stereo systems in full glorious colour, and you come back a 1/2 hour later and all it says is "idiot" (in the case of such threads created by anderx, who I reported on the spot), kind of defeats the point.

Especially when the same mod replaces every advert with the same sentence every single time.

But that just gives them want they want. Most of the time the post is so bad you wouldn't want to see it anyway.

Lord Kalthorn said:
We need originallity in the edits I think :D Twittery is a particular favourite :D
hmmm I sense a problem...

we've changed the stratagy, we now just move all thespam into the staff lounge, and merge it into a big thread called spam...

easier than editnig, and cleaner for the forum pagesas well...

but it you can't see the staff lounge then you don't get to do this....

I did wonder,

There was a spam thread earlier and it mysteriously disappeared, I presumed it had been deleted straight off.

But no, it left to go to a better place :D

Back
Top Bottom