First build doesnt work (I AM 12)

DJ Stephen

Fully Optimized
Well,
Everything lights up and everything this is properly plugged in, All the motherboard good lights come on and i hear it all, the problem is it doesnt come up on the screen and i have tried it on screens and two graphics card, It baffles me on the Graphucs card cd it says how you insatll the software but seens as i cant get into windows i cant, Most stuff is new, Im getting a new harddrive coming today, Its asus and just beeps madly, Its none in the book with what errors the beeps mean, I think its coming on the screen that the problem is..
Well ikll leave it with u, Any ideas welcome,

Steve
Cheers in advance.

at least yours turns on,lol. does your MOBO have intergraded video? if so plug it in there first then when you get into windows switch it to your video card.

No, It doesnt have that, cus i am using a GeForce 2 MX400. Sorry your doesnt turn on, have you connected the front panel switch??

wow you built a computer a 12 thats ace, my first computer was like 16 and it worked first time.

Can you remember installing Windows oK?

I did my first build when I was in the 4th grade. It was an older computer.

Anyway I am sure your motherboard has integrated graphics. I would take out the graphics card and plug the monitor in the integrated connector and then boot it up, install graphics card drivers, then shutdown and put in the graphics card.

Are you using XP? It should pull up a factory driver for temporary use untill you get a new one. The computer I am using now was built and it didn't do that.

Steven12 said:
No, It doesnt have that, cus i am using a GeForce 2 MX400. Sorry your doesnt turn on, have you connected the front panel switch??

yes they are, i think i fred my MOBO when i was trying to get those evil LED wires in the right places (+ and -).

Any beeping with it? Btw, the comp will show a picture with a graphics card that is uninstalled, it'll just be stuck at a low resolution that can't be changed until you install the card. It may be a RAM problem. If you hear a deep tone, sporatic beeping from the computer, then it's a RAM problem.

Steve:
Tell me when you turn on your computer do you see anything on the screen?
You say:
Btw, the comp will show a picture with a graphics card that is uninstalled
It could well be a ram problem.

Back
Top Bottom