Microsoft names new system Vista

Poetry is rarely meaningful, and never funny :D

malbuc87uk said:
Crippling.

Apparently it's full DX9 for the interface, and will run on only high-spec machines.

Lots of fancy visual effects, it would seem. Don't expect a PC over 2 years old to cope, I don't think, without serious upgrades.
The Graphics requirements could be high, if you somehow managed to remove the code that makes it push down the visual requirement if you don't have the power :p

It will run, Graphically, on any PC that will run XP, but it will show you a Graphic Interface much like XP in that case. If it can, it will show you the full interface, which will probably involve a mid-range Graphics Card of the day, now. PC requirements will be much like they were for XP when it was in Beta, a good PC of the day. We all know however, that XP runs on worse than that, and so will Vista.

It all depends on the experience you are after.

I think Vista is very much overhyped. With all they key stuff like WinFS gone, it seems like Win XP SP3.

Aero and Indigo are still there. It is not designed in .NET. Microsoft's not attempt at a Passort are there. It is not SP3 in the fact that it is built from Server 2003 mostly, not XP. It is also not SP3 because it is an amazing lighthouse for the masses of other Microsoft Products. Internet Explorer 7, while not specifically for it not, built from it, Office 2006/7 or whatever they call it, Visual Studio Orca, probably the full version of Microsoft AntiSpyware, more Security, more Stability, Aero of course, quicker and easier and more features. Service Packs are rarely more than huge Security Updates, Vista is a whole lot more.

I personally felt that Vista should have been written from scratch. As long as MS bases Vista on existing platforms, all the old Windows problems will continue to exist.

iamroot said:
I personally felt that Vista should have been written from scratch. As long as MS bases Vista on existing platforms, all the old Windows problems will continue to exist.
Come on, MS create something from scratch? dream on ;)

Yeah. But I thought that after all the crap they had to deal with in Win XP they would have learn't their lesson. Well, guess I overestimated them.

hahahahaha!!! learn lesson? microsoft? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! they didn't learn any lesson after Win 95, Win 98, Win NT 1,2,3,4, WIin ME, Win CE, the list goes on.
yes, you clearly overestimated them. microsoft is incapable of creating an operating system that is free of problems.

They're just godamned lazy. They should focus on the important stuff and not focus on things that will make them more money.

Back
Top Bottom