Somthing like XP Office

Haha!

There is nothing like Office. If you are looking for something like Office 5, or Office 95 at a push, then maybe you should use OpenOffice. If you are looking for something like Office XP, or Office 2003. Use Office XP or Office 2003 :D

There is no comparison. OpenOffice is a sling off of Sun Microsystems, if it was good, would they have thrown it to the snarling Linux-Folk?

I use and recommend both StarOffice 7.0 and the free opensource OpenOffice 1.1.4 and have them to be an excellent products. :p

Haha, have you not read the 'amazing things' OpenOffice can do? Some are even complete lies! They have a list...

'AutoCorrect word completion speeds up your writing in a non-obtrusive and powerful way. As you're typing it makes its best guess at what you mean to say. You can accept it by pressing enter or just keep on typing to ignore. If you make a mistake at any time just press Ctrl+Z for a quick and simple undo. Now I love this but I understand that these AutoCorrect features can drive some people up the wall. So there's a flexible menu where you can choose exactly what you want on or off. You won't find AutoCorrect word completion anywhere else, it's just another optional feature that makes OpenOffice.org unique.'

I kid you not, it actually says AutoCorrect Word Completion cannot be found anywhere else! I'll leave you to work out how many versions of Word that particular feature is down, but I'll give you a clue and it is over 3 :D

'Charting tools to visualise data in 2D or 3D.'

Oh my God! Give me a moment, I need to go outside and piss myself in amazement at this feature!

'AutoLayout makes sure your presentations look professional. Even quickly produced presentations look great, less time micromanaging bullet placement, more productivity.'

It would be a waste of time working out how many verisons of PowerPoint this is out, because it is a version of PowerPoint more than ten years old.

Needless to say, the short list of Features on the OpenOffice Features Page do generally go along like this. So again, if want a Free, Office 95-like Office Tool, get OpenOffice, because you won't find Office 95 anywhere. If you want something ten times better but still free, download Office XP, it is barely a 400Megs worth. A little longer, 200Megs more, and you can have Publisher XP for Free. If you want an Office tool that is the best, get Office 2003.

Back
Top Bottom