a fair trial

Golden Master
seeing as alot of bans have been happening and not all that fair, i thought id make a suggestion

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=71992&page=1

advance warning system, like they use on wht and forums.devshed david, do something bad you get points, get so many points you get banned untill the date passes to remove some points

eg

spamming 5 points
flaming 10 points
racist comments 20 points
abusive 10 points

30 points needed for a ban

now say setishock is abusive twice and spams twice, he will be awarded the points for the crime and say the spamming ones are removed 8-8-05, he wil be banned untill those spamming points come of, but the record will still remain in his account for future decisisions

thats roughly how it works

INSTALL IT, its for 3.0.7 so why your at it UPGRADE (i like the blue mod cp more :p)

The sort of Warning Systems you get on vBulletin.org, especially that one which is quite advanced, would need to go hand in hand with a vBulletin Upgrade to 3.0.7, which David has already made plain is not going to happen. I doubt indeed that he will upgrade until 4.0 and 2.0 is finally put aside of vBulletin Support.

LK, are you a mod by the way?

You show up Guru but I've seen a couple of other people's posts which say you've edited them, and this was in the past couple of days.

I can't remember Editing Posts recently... but yeah, I do have Moderating Powers. I was a Moderator for a few months when we had trouble almost a year ago now. I never wanted to be a Moderator, so I had my Title put back after we cleaned that up. My Secondary Usergroup is Moderator, so I can do stuff, just can't view the Staff Forum - which is probably for the best, haha, as I'm probably their sole subject!

Maybe we'll get a 3.5 Upgrade? Shouldn't be too long until they release it.

Lol, yeah. I think David prefers Even Numbers. He'll wait until they stop patching 2.0 and move to 4.0. They may stop patching 2.0 when they release 3.5 though, so who knows :D

Back
Top Bottom