AGP vs PCI-E x1, x16

Um, AGP is dead already.. The new 7800GTX is PCIe ONLY, and so is the new ATi card to come out... the last AGP cards are the 6800Ultra and the x850XT PE, both of which bottleneck the AGP bus, and are really pointless.

Exactly my point. They only make AGP cards if there is big enough demand, and there hardly is anymore. To say AGP has two more years left is actually kind of pushing it.

winterfreshpwnz said:
Exactly my point. They only make AGP cards if there is big enough demand, and there hardly is anymore. To say AGP has two more years left is actually kind of pushing it.

its is dead as is.. as far as AGP availibilty goes, maybe another years, MAYBE 2, doubtful though.

no game will support only pci-express. It depends on your video if it can handle the game.

Yeah, when I said 5 - 10 years, I was talking more about it still being around, not manufactured. In terms of manufacturing, 1 - 2 years is probably about accurate.

Well, I know that the next upgrade, my new mobo, the ABIT Fatal1ty has PCI-E...

Games today only don't handle PCI because you don't get many Cards fast enough for it the games with PCI. PCI is just a Controller for the information to go through. Software is only ever going to be interested in the Protocol of getting to the Ends, not how it gets to the Ends.

Back
Top Bottom