Video Card: Suggestion?

Solvaut

Baseband Member
Im seem have some trouble on getting the answer for upgradeing me computer. So Im going to make this post as simple as possible.

I have an AMD Athlond 3200 64-bit.
Video Card: ATI RADEON Xpress 200 Series

Im plan to get rid of this one and get a 256mb video card.
I have found one that Im interested in but looking to see if it would work with my computer which Im not sure.

Radeon 9250 256MB DDR AGP 4X/8X Video Card
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/7701/14102404010bk.jpg (Here is the link of this video card)

Would this work for my AMD 3200 Athlong 64-bit? Or do I have to tell you what motherboard I have so you can figure it out because Im not sure!

I see that DarkBlade has two grpahic cards on his computer which seems kind of cool, would I be able to do this too and maybe their would be a huge inscrease in the gaming?

May anyone please tell me if this card would be good for me to get and if any of you would suggest it / if it would work with my pc.

DarkBlade has an SLi motherboard, if you don't know what that is it's a relatively new technology which allows two nvidia cards to work simultaneously, thus producing double the power, worth looking into if your building a new system these days.
If you're looking for a new graphics card now, the 9250 isn't really what you should be looking at in my opinion.
How much are you willing to spend on your graphics card? then maybe I can help you out, if you have an AGP 8x or PCI slots, which 99.99999% of all motherboards do then it shouldn't be a problem.

Im on a tight budget , $200 (I know its not much but I neeed something good but can fit in $200 MAX becasue I need to spend more money on other stuff for my computer such as ram and hard drive and like that)

We discussed this over MSN, and decided on the eVGA 6600GT for him as an update for people. It fits his needs nicely and goes along with his system quite well. His eMachines will like this card. Also, his new DDR400 RAM will boost it quite a bit as well.

DarkBlade said:
We discussed this over MSN, and decided on the eVGA 6600GT for him as an update for people. It fits his needs nicely and goes along with his system quite well. His eMachines will like this card. Also, his new DDR400 RAM will boost it quite a bit as well.

DarkBlade thank you for taking time into you life to help me out! I plan to buy a computer from too!!

sirval said:
I wonder why he posted again then :/
When DarkBlade posted it was when we was talking about it :) you can see the time i posted and he posted so kind of makes sencse hehe

allanpotter said:
At this price, an ati x800 or x800xl. They will destroy a 6600gt.

Not a 128MB version.. LMAO. The 6600GT may only have 128MB of GDDR3 RAM, but that little amount of RAM can almost match a vanilla x800 256. So, on a 200 budget, I am forced to disagree.

Back
Top Bottom