Your opinions

Yeah, I agree. Too much of that... "just because I say so" or whatever...and nice one david.

So many different thoughts...Hard for me to decide also. Lurkswithin's point is indeed a very true one but....Man....I like debates too....Whats gonna happen?

Well, going into the random, I think so. If not he should be, not to sound mean but he really destroyed the forums and for some reason noone ever banned him!

Do yo honestly think that the words product xyz is crappy should come in any review?

aside from anything else, it's not good language to be using on a board available to young kids...
I'm a realist, I realise that they say these words in schools and in the playgrounds, (well I did at any rate, and a lot worse)... but that doesn't mean they have to be said here, I'm not trying to wrap the world in cotton wool.

just saying that a fair and accurate account of a product needn't use bad language.

i disagree with lurkswithin, I'm not sure if I'm understanding him correctly but I think he's trying to say that anyone could just say "AMD so and so is bad because blah blah" and not have any real evidence.

I think this would be corrected in these forums because thats when somone else jumps in and says that the person who claimed his material to be true is actually lying.

But above all, I think you should be able to give your opinion, so the person who is looked to by a ATI so and so just because its cheep.

I like the new Rules, not sure the Feedback is all that useful, but it always helps to get views on things!

I personally believe a brand is a brand. You can't actually flame a brand, you moan at the brand, a person then flames you for doing that. You haven't flamed the brand. A Brand is not a person :p

In the end, the thing we want to get rid of is not the discussion of brands, or indeed the heated discussion, we need to get rid of the uncouth discussion. AMD Sucks, whether true or not, whether baced up or not, is not really the sort of language we should have on a Forum, whether linked to a brand or not. Cabbage Sucks for instance, which is obviously true, should not be really be here either :p

And hence why he have Mods.

lurkswithin said:
A lot of these members do not have the resources to produce the proof at the drop of the hat as some of the rich boys do. So automatically they are wronged and bullied by the so called rant of "I got proof you don't issue".
I think maybe Lurkswithin has a problem with DarkBlade. I can't agree however that you need to be rich to get proof, nor that proof means you are rich in getting it. Proof is just something somebody who has the know how is able to find on the Internet. You don't need great amounts of money to get proof.

nickbuddy111 said:
i disagree with lurkswithin, I'm not sure if I'm understanding him correctly but I think he's trying to say that anyone could just say "AMD so and so is bad because blah blah" and not have any real evidence.

I think this would be corrected in these forums because thats when somone else jumps in and says that the person who claimed his material to be true is actually lying.

But above all, I think you should be able to give your opinion, so the person who is looked to by a ATI so and so just because its cheep.
OK...

my personal believe is that AMD is better than intel.
I can dig up proof about the AMD64 design that says opperations hapen fast because of certin things that are brought on chip.
I can say an atholon 2000+ running at 1.6GHz can outperform a true 2GHz pentium, and post benchmarks to proove it...

But then someone can discredit my becnch marks my posting results from a Sempron benchmark.

They can dig up old data stanig that intel have Floating point accuracy. you can bring up the fact that some programs are designed to work with nothing but intel...
You could say that intel are better because all the big names use and sell intel.
or you could go out on a limb with an undecided court case and say that AMD are better as they do not have to bully customers into buying their product...

The list goes on, and on, (and on and on!) with no real clear and evident winner...

We all remember what it was lik arguing with Gian about politics, thats because he felt strongly about the matter, and so did the people he was arguing with... At the end of the day there aer too many people around here who just want to believe they have the best product and will push that in your face until the cows ome home... proof or no prof...

and even if there is proof, it can be reducndant (see specific example above) or it could be distorted... ther are some things that you aer just told, or that you just stumbled accross, somehing you remember and want to pass on your knowledge, yet cannot, (and could not) link a source to it...

I'm all for free debate, but a lot of the time around here we don't do free debate, we just argue like little kids in a playground.

Lord Kalthorn said:
I think maybe Lurkswithin has a problem with DarkBlade. I can't agree however that you need to be rich to get proof, nor that proof means you are rich in getting it. Proof is just something somebody who has the know how is able to find on the Internet. You don't need great amounts of money to get proof.

I have an issue with anyone that blantantly abuses the system and then cries about it when they get caught at it and whines and beggs to the boss to be reinstated..If that is Black Blade or Joe Blow really doesn't make a hill of beans to me. It isn't personal, irregardless of how it may appear.

I was asked to come here and then made a mod to help contain the garbage that was causing this site to detereate. I used almost 50 years of business knowledge and analyzed the problem. As it has been in my experience, the fastest way to end it was also the fastest way to get it back on track. Frienships and business aquaintences should not have been allowed to intervene.

As it was DarkBlade was seen to be a major contributor to this problem with his belittleing and abusive statements to other members and his over all bullying tacticts along with his so called proof, which he was caught taking out of context, to prove his points.

His continued expressions of what he is GOING to do just supports that he will continue to do the same things. It has been pointed out that he is consistant with these actions not just here but in other forums too, where it has gotten him banned.

Warnings have no affect. All he had to do was restrain his abusive actions and this would have been over a long time ago. I banned him for 3 days as a stronger action that his actions were not going to be tolerated and he wined about it and it was reduced to 1 day.

Upon his return he deliberately slapped David in the face by posting his thread about his business in the social forum.A deliberate act to solicit business in the pretense of a poll for his design work. He knew what he was doing when he posted it there.

The poll was moved and not a remark from DB about it just proves that he knew it, or he would have ranted about it as he does anything else he doesn't get away with.

No business and this is a business, should be forced to waste time and energy on having to constantly babysit a person regardless of what contributions he made in the past.
No it doesn't really take a lot of money to get proof but it is a big help when one has the funding to supply the ways and means to have it redily available. . Some of these members are just kids and are really lucky to even have a computer or must share it with their whole families. Most of them don't even have the knowledge to know how to attemt to search out obscure technical statements, much less to have the books just lying around to be researched.
You are right..but it sure helps

Back
Top Bottom