norton or mcafee?

As others have also said, I also don't use any antivirus software, I got antivirus 2001 or something when I got it and it crashed my pc, fair enough it was partly my fault.
Anyway this is the family pc I don't care about it!
In a couple of months i'll have my own custom pc, i reckon i'll get an AV for that.

EDIT: ZOMG T3H 100TH POST, 1337!
Val

DarkBlade said:
No, Norton creates 26 registry entries and tells you how to run your PC and you can't overide its nasty little restart orders. PC-Cillian is awesome. TREND MICRO IS AWESOME. Norton's firewall.. wait.. what firewall?? LMAO!! HAHAHH! BURNED.

not been funny but is that the main point to help user who don't know what do you with computer?

I dislike both norton and mcaffee because they tend to install all these utilities i dont need such as:

Spam Blocker
Pop up blocker
Special feature which enables the computer to make t-rex like noises when starting (Thats the hard drive monitor :p I know they dont have one)

And other things that truly don't allow you to run your computer. I use the free edition of ZA firewall and a trial of NOD32 which I am aware is made by symantec.

Computergen said:
I dislike both norton and mcaffee because they tend to install all these utilities i dont need such as:

Spam Blocker <<<<<<<<< You can disable
Pop up blocker <<<<<<<<< You can disable
Special feature which enables the computer to make t-rex like noises when starting (Thats the hard drive monitor :p I know they dont have one)

And other things that truly don't allow you to run your computer. I use the free edition of ZA firewall and a trial of NOD32 which I am aware is made by symantec.

I love how you seemingly wonderfully interpreted my quote in detail instead of just simply putting "" Around what I already said even if it did apply to you.

Wow, do you guys just say "norton owns" just because someone else says it? have you even seen tests used with norton, mcaffe, and pc cillin? if you answered yes to the first and no to the second, well, then, that's pretty bad. pc cillin's antivirus check is one of the best. while doing a test, I created my own virus (im in visual basic, dont ask) and while norton and mcafee failed to recognize it, pc cillin did and deleted it after it informed me. mcafee takes you a webpage to get updates. it is very annoying. norton does not, and niether does pc cillin. pc cillin is therefore the best, in my choice. mcafee has a nice interface, but why do you need a nice interface if you comp is getting destroyed by viruses and the such? enough said.... and if anyone took offense, no offense.

No, that was perfectly good reasoning and logic. Personally I have never tried PC-Cillin but NOD32, which is nifty when all you have to do is leave it in the corner and the second something happens it pops up and tells you.

I got Trend Micro PC-Cillen Internet Security 2005 and its fast at startup and it automatically gets updates for without clicking on the Update like in Norton.

I have to agree with whichever poster said Norton sucks...I had it, I had a virus on my comp. Norton went through, caught one virus, said it deleted it, and all was supposedly fine. Well, my comp was still not working well. I tried a trial of McAfee, ran it, got no results, so I figured I just didn't have a virus. But one of my friends recommended Avast!. I downloaded the home version, ran it, and it found 7 viruses on my computer that my fully updated version of McAfee and Norton could not find, and now my computer works fine. Norton is DEFINITELY not rated #1, and neither is McAfee. From my experience, Avast! and BitDefender are excellent free programs, and Trend is an excellent one if you wanna buy an antivirus. The only antivirus worse than Norton and McAfee is EZArmor, and that's only because its firewall causes windows to crash...

Back
Top Bottom