AGP vs PCI-E x1, x16

NOooOOoooOO i just bought my 9800 pro a couple of weeks ago and its only GOING TO LAST ME 2 YEARS!! now im trying to build my own system with that card, AND NOW ITS NOT GOING TO LAST ME WAT DO I DO!

Buy a motherboard with an AGP slot. They are still making them, so get a really good motherboard that will be very upgradeable so that you can keep it for much longer. This way, when AGP does die out, you'll still have a decent motherboard and a trusty AGP slot.

dude, wat are you going to do with the agp slot once agp is dead. jst buy a pci x16 now stupid-o

dude! it's not the point of buying it. AGP won't dies til a good year or 2.

Now if you call people stupid cuz they don't buy PCI-E, then keep it for yourself!

i just bought an agp card, with a new computer, if agp card dies i would have to buy a new mobo and card.

lol dude what are you talking about? Just because AGP will go out of fashion doesn't mean you have to buy a new card. Sure you'll probably want to since games will be much more advanced, but you don't HAVE to do anything, the graphics just won't be as good.

Oh sure. You will eventually have to uy a new card....but what if they come out with AGP 16X and 32X?

You know I was talking to PZEROFGH right? And I highly doubt they would do that, AGP is already on its way out, manufacturers don't even make AGP first, they go with the PCI-E card and then if there is a big enough demand they make the AGP version. I don't see why we would suddenly see new versions of AGP, PCI-E is the future of video cards.

First: I knew you were talking to him. I was also replying to him too

Second: You and I don't know what will happen to the future

That may be true, but I do know what is likely and what is unlikely. It's VERY unlikely for something that is already barely hanging in there to somehow get a big breakthrough so that people will continue using it.

Back
Top Bottom