Which OS is best?

Grandiosevision

Solid State Member
I've heard bad things about most of the recent and popular Operating Systems and I'm not sure if I'd like any of them. Between Win ME, Win 2000 and Win XP, which of these comes with the least problems especially if your a hardcore gamer??? Thanx to everyone for great responses today....very nice forum

if you're looking for no problems, MS isnt the place to look, I'd give Linux a go if I were you, apart from that, I wouldnt know. It stands to reason that XP would be the best, as it is the most recent, but with older versions they will have had more time to flatten out the bugs, so I'm not sure

It depends on what you do. Windows XP is easy to learn, use and it's compatible with all PC games. Linux trades compatability for stability and ease of customization. Windows XP suits my needs, so I use it.

depends on what you are doing, but usually Windows is a good all around performer. But its basically what you prefer.

its like my sexual desires, i prefer brunettes, but if there is a hot blond, i wont hesitate. Its just a preference.

The_Necromancer said:
its like my sexual desires, i prefer brunettes, but if there is a hot blond, i wont hesitate. Its just a preference.

LOL
thats a pretty dramatic comparison, dunno if the mods will be ok with that, personally, go for XP, its just easier to use, although not as fast or as good really (not that I've ever used Linux, just the reviews, although I do want to get it

Haha, I prefer hot asians :D Mainly because I'm asian myself...but some asians are hotter than hot sauce! :D "Hehe, you can spice up my night anytime!" :p

Sorry about that...I had a slight testosterone spike there...

huh, no kidding.
Try knoppix, I've heard thats good, but if you want mainstream, go for Red Hat or something like that, I believe they have support, wheras knoppix and others dont

Windows

Techy Geek, I love the Avatar...If that's what you call 'em. Everytime I come to the site I move my pointer around just to watch his head move. I may never know how to do these things...anyway, Alvino, sorry but you're not 100% correct. Part of the reason that I was so frustrated with XP is because I have a game called "Archangel" by JoWood / Metropolis that I've been waiting about 1 and a half years to try. Win 98 would install it but would crash for lack of memory I think. Win XP wouldn't even install it. It won't read the bottom half of the second install screen, where you have to accept the terms/ agreement policy. If anyone understands what I mean and knows how to solve this I'd appreciate the info...Grandiose

Back
Top Bottom